The new character and loading menu
- Speed up the saving process - individual elements of a character can now be saved instead of the entire character every time.
- Characters can be deleted - as you can see in the above picture, pressing "Delete" will delete a character (a confirmation menu appears).
- When loading, a preview of your currently selected character is created - visible are his/her name, level, custom color configuration and what rarity of equipment they are wearing.
- The backup file is saved only when your profile successfully loads, ensuring that the backup will be a valid file if it's needed in the future.
- All of your tokens earned while playing are now shared between all of your characters. We hope this will encourage players to more readily switch characters - to fit the needs of the party - since you no longer have to worry about earning money individually.
In an effort to further reduce the clutter in player inventories we decided to not have Gems, Rings, and Amulets drop normally. Instead, players can find "Designs" which - when returned to the Jeweler in town - will enable players to craft gems for their equipment 'sockets'.
The new jewelry crafting system works much like equipment crafting system detailed in our last update but with a few minor differences:
- Gem Shards - a new material type added to the game - are the basic requirement for crafting all jewelry, along with tokens.
- Jewelry - i.e. Amulets and Rings - all come with "A Random Power", which is selected on purchase. It is possible to not get the exact item you were hoping for when you purchase jewelry. The good news is, that each time you buy jewelry, the next purchase will be cheaper (for up to a 40% discount on your profile).
- Unique (orange colored) Amulets and Rings are the only items that potentially offer a bonus to a skill.
- Placing a Gem in a socket is a permanent process - once a socket is filled with a gem, it cannot be replaced nor removed.
Until next time!