The new crafting/blacksmith menu
With Wanderlust: Adventures, we've had more time to consider just how integrated our item system ought to be. We're quite happy with how this new item/crafting system is integrated into the game, and look forward to seeing how it's 'collection focus' will impact our users' experiences in the game.
The new item & blueprint crafting system works as follows:
- As players travel throughout the continent, they will encounter many groups of enemies. Like Wanderlust: Rebirth, the leaders of these groups will be denoted with an icon drawn above their head (though in Wanderlust: Adventures, leaders have colored skull icons above their heads instead of crowns).
- The enemy 'leaders' have a chance to drop randomly generated gear (helmets, armors, weapons and charms).
- However, if you encounter an event - and complete the event - a treasure chest will spawn nearby. Players may open it to spawn more randomized gear, materials, and tokens.
- In addition to the normal loot you can get from 'Event Chests', there's also a chance that a unique blueprint will drop. However, unlike Rebirth where you have to find a blueprint every time you wish to craft an item, Wanderlust: Adventures has an 'unlockable gear' menu where you may turn in the blueprint to forever unlock the gear for all of your subsequent playthroughs.
- In addition to being forever available after being unlocked in the menu, each time you craft a specific item from the Blacksmith's menu you will increase the Blacksmith's affinity for creating that item, which will reward you with a discount the next time your craft it! In simple terms, up to a 40% token discount can be earned by crafting the same item multiple times.
In addition to the changes in crafting, there are a number of changes to how Gems work in Wanderlust: Adventures. But, we'll have to wait until the next developer log to get into those details...
That's all for today, see you all next time!